Tuesday 20 July 2010

The fortunate kids-Brother and sister from Haiti found a home in Canada


Look how happy they were!




Johnny and Jael joined their new family in Canada last January soon after the earthquake


Carmen Lynne will never forget 12 January, the day the devastating earthquake struck Haiti.
Mrs Lynne, who lives near Edmonton in the Canadian province of Alberta, was hovering by the phone waiting for a call to tell her to fly to Haiti to pick up her newly adopted children when news of the quake broke.
"When I first found out that my kids were okay, then my second question was, if the paperwork is lost what does this mean for me?" Mrs Lynne said.
"I didn't want to have to start from scratch all over again. My new daughter is nine years old, I was thinking if we have to start again she could be a teenager before she gets home.
"Luckily for Mrs Lynne and her husband, Steve, their adoptive children were among 150 cases fast-tracked by the Canadian government because the adoption process was in the final stage when the earthquake happened.

It was a process that began three years ago to allow the Lynnes to adopt Jael, 9, and Johnny who is 6, from the Bresma orphanage in Port-au-Prince.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave your comment here. Thank you!