Tuesday 16 November 2010

Royal wedding: Prince William gives Kate his mother's ( Diana) ring


Prince William has spoken of his and fiancee Kate Middleton's happiness, as the newly-engaged couple faced the cameras for the first time. 


The pair met as students at St Andrews University, Fife.
The couple, both 28, will marry next spring or summer after he proposed while on holiday in Kenya in October.
The prince said: "The timing is right now. We are both very, very happy."
He has given Kate his mother's ring. He said: "It's very special to me. As Kate's very special to me now, it was right to put the two together."
Speaking as they stood arm-in-arm before photographers, Prince William said giving Kate his mother Diana's distinctive sapphire and diamond engagement ring was "my way of making sure my mother didn't miss out on today and the excitement".
Miss Middleton admitted joining the Royal Family was a "daunting prospect" but she added: "Hopefully I'll take it in my stride."
The couple will marry in London in 2011 and live in north Wales, where Prince William, second in line the throne, is serving with the RAF.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave your comment here. Thank you!