Monday 21 May 2012

SOME / ANY

In general, some is used in positive sentences:

E.g.:
I got some nice presents for Christmas this year.


This job is going to take some time.


Look! There are some large black birds on the roof of the church.


You have some butter on your chin.


If you are hungry, there are some biscuits in the cupboard.


I'm sure I'll return to Japan some day.
 
In general, any is used in negative sentences and questions:

E.g.:
I didn't get any nice presents for Christmas this year.


I looked in the cupboard but I couldn't find any biscuits.


I don't need any help.


She's so rude. No wonder she doesn't have any friends.

Questions:
Do you have any brothers or sisters?

Did you catch any fish?


Have you seen any good films recently?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave your comment here. Thank you!