Thursday 20 December 2012

Saturn's stunning backlit image from Nasa spacecraft

Saturn image

A stunning new backlit image of the planet Saturn and its rings has been released by Nasa.
The view of Saturn being lit up from behind by the Sun was taken by the Cassini spacecraft in October.
Carolyn Porco from Cassini's imaging team said: "Of all the many glorious images we have received from Saturn, none are more strikingly unusual than those taken from Saturn's shadow."
Cassini has been orbiting gas giant Saturn for more than eight years.
Saturn is the sixth planet from the Sun and has beautiful rings made of ice particles.
It's the second largest planet in the Solar System but is the least dense - it would float in water if there was a bathtub big enough to hold it!
From CBBC News

2 comments :

  1. Hello this is somewhat of off topic but I was wondering if
    blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with
    HTML. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding experience so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    My site > transfer rumours

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been exploring for a little for any high quality articles or weblog
    posts on this kind of area . Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this web site.
    Reading this info So i'm glad to convey that I've an incredibly excellent uncanny feeling I found out exactly what I needed.
    I such a lot for sure will make certain to do not disregard this website and provides it a
    look on a relentless basis.

    My website - free music downloads (freemusicdownloadsb.com)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment here. Thank you!