Friday 6 December 2013

Nelson Mandela- Madiba- has died aged 95

Nelson Mandela

People around the world have reacting to the news that Nelson Mandela, one of history's greatest leaders, has died after a long illness aged 95.
Mandela led South Africa out of the racist system of apartheid, and into democracy, becoming the country's first black president.
He had been receiving intensive medical care at home for a lung infection after three months in hospital.
Announcing the news on South African TV President Jacob Zuma said: "Our nation has lost its greatest son."
"Although we knew that this day would come, nothing can diminish our sense of a profound and enduring loss."
Mandela's story is an incredible journey - from prison to presidency.
After being jailed for 27 years he became South Africa's first ever black president.
He went on to play an important role in promoting peace and equality across the globe.

Global tributes

World leaders, celebrities and ordinary people have been paying their tributes to him.
Prince William, American President Barack Obama, British Prime Minister David Cameron and sports stars David Beckham and Usain Bolt are among who've said how he inspired them. See more of that by Clicking here.

Inspiring kids

School children in the UK have been giving their reaction to the news.
Kids from Walworth Academy, in London, have been in touch with the BBC's School Report.
Hawa, in year 8, said: "When I found out that Nelson Mandela passed away I was in so much shock. He was a leader, a father and a husband. He was my hero."
Danny, in year 9 , said he is "very emotional and upset. However, I am happy that his legacy will live on".
Khalil said: "He was one of the most influential people of all time. Without him many black politicians would not be in power today, like Barack Obama."
And other pupils from Whalley Range in Manchester added their voices to the tributes.
They said: "As a school we are commemorating Nelson Madela's memory through a whole school minute silence and a tribute video that our media team have created."
Aya, a year 8 student, said: "Everyone is going to remember the difference he has made - He's a true pioneer for Black peoples' rights. People like me wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for people like Mandela fighting for our rights.'
And Maryan added: "He's a true legend and he's proven if you fight for your rights, you can make a difference."
You can pay your tributes to Nelson Mandela on our clicking here to go to our chat page.

Why was he so important?

From CBBC newsround

5 comments :

  1. Amazing! Itѕ genuinely amazing piece of writing, I Һave
    gоt mmuch clеaг idea on the toplic oof fгom this article.


    Here iѕ my webpage :: Peoples Products

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey vеry nice blog!! Ӎаn .. Beautiful .. Amazing ..
    I will bookmark ʏߋur web site and take the feeds additionally?
    І am satissfied tߋ sseek oսt а lot of uѕeful info
    here withіn thе publish, we need work out extra techniques inn thiѕ
    regard, thank yoou fօr sharing. . . . . .


    Αlso visit my web blog ::yola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey theгe I am sο gpad I fοսnd ʏour blog, ӏ rеally found you by accident, աhile I waѕ looking on Aol for sometɦing else,
    Reցardless I am Һere now and would ʝust lіke too sayy mɑny thanks foг a incredibble post andd а all
    roun entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design), I ԁon't have
    tіmе to gо through it all at the minute but I
    have saved it ɑnd ɑlso ɑdded іn yοur RSS feeds, so whеn I
    hɑνe time I will be bwck to гead mоre,Pleaѕе do keep up the excellent աork.



    Alsso visit mƴ weblog - Yola

    ReplyDelete
  4. I blog frequently ɑnd I genuinely thank уoս for yοur information. Τɦis ցreat article hɑs reallƴ peaked mʏ interest.
    I'm ɡoing to book mark yoiur blog ɑnd keeρ checkibg for new information aƅoսt once pеr weеk.
    I subscribed to yоur RSS feed as well.

    Alѕo visit mʏ web page - Peoples Products

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all I would like to say fantastic blog! I had a quick question that I'd
    like to ask if you do not mind. I was curious
    to find out how you center yourself and clear your mind before writing.
    I have had a hard time clearing my thoughts in getting my ideas out there.

    I truly do enjoy writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are wasted just trying to
    figure out how to begin. Any recommendations or hints? Thank you!


    my site: gas ranges on Sale black friday

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment here. Thank you!