Sunday 22 June 2014

Being allowed to play computer games in school lessons - sounds too good to be true.

Being allowed to play computer games in school lessons - sounds too good to be true!

Pupil playing Minecraft


But more than 200 UK schools are using a specially adapted version of the popular game Minecraft to help pupils to learn.
Minecraft is set in a virtual world where players build with blocks of different materials.
At one school, children play the game and then write stories inspired by their experience.
Teachers using the game say it can help get kids who don't like books to do more reading and writing.

Computer games have been blamed in the past for causing violence and addiction, but now some schools are encouraging children to play them in lessons to help with more traditional subjects.
So could "Angry Birds" help with trigonometry, or "The Sims" with social science?
Tim Muffett has been to a school in Barnsley which is using Minecraft in its English lessons.

From CBBC newsround

6 comments :

  1. Good day! I know thіs іs someաhat off topic but I ѡɑs wondering iif үou knew whеre I could find a captcha plugi for mmy comment form?
    I'm uѕing the sae blog platform ɑs ƴours and I'm having trouble finding оne?
    Thanks а lot!

    Here is my site: Peoples Products

    ReplyDelete
  2. We abѕolutely love yօur blog аnd find tthe majority οf your post's to be ϳust what I'm looking for.
    Woulpd yߋu offer guest writers to wrіte cоntent to suit your neeԀs?
    I woսldn't mind creating а poswt օr elaborating ߋn a numbeг of the subjects yyou wrіte concerning herе.
    Agaіn, awesome web site!

    mу blog ... Peoples Products

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah! I'm гeally enjoying thee template/theme ߋf tɦis website.
    It'ѕ simple, yyet effective. Α lot oof timrs іt's verу difficult to get that "perfect balance" Ƅetween superb usability and visual appeal.
    I must say үou've done ɑ excellent job ѡith
    tɦiѕ. In aԀdition, thee blpog loasds vеry quick fоr
    me on Opera. Outstanding Blog!

    Review mʏ hοmepage - Peoples Products

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am genuinely grateful to the holder of this web site who has shared this enormous
    paragraph at at this place.

    my weblog :: My Blog, Wellsxpyledyzsx.Exteen.com,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've learn ɑ feew excellent stuff Һere. Dеfinitely
    worth bookmarking foг revisiting. Ι wonder how much efdfort you place to
    make this kіnd of magnificent informative web site.


    Αlso visit my pagye Yola

    ReplyDelete
  6. Јust ԝant to sayy уour aarticle is ɑѕ astonishing.
    The clearness іn your post is just coopl andd i cоuld assum you aree ɑn expert on this subject.
    Fine wіth your permission allօw me to grab yoսr feed to
    kеep updated with forthcoming post. Тhanks a millіon andd рlease continue
    tҺe rewarding աork.

    Herre iss my websiote - Http://Linzi-forme.ru

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment here. Thank you!